NAVAJO COUNTY STAGE III – EXTREME FIRE DANGER
***Note: Stage III is a COUNTY specific rating, Navajo County IS in Stage III restrictions until further notice.***
PLEASE NOTE PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES and ABIDE ACCORDINGLY
Stage III is the method that the County employs when conditions are so extreme that the potential of a catastrophic disaster is highly likely.
- Potential loss of life due to explosive fire conditions.
- Potential for extreme or blowup fire behavior.
- Level II restrictions are not effective in reducing the number of human-caused fires.
- Resources across the geographic area are at a critical shortage level.
The following acts are prohibited until further notice:
- Building maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire, charcoal, coal, or wood stove including fires in developed campgrounds or improved sites.
- Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building.
- Outdoor Mechanical and Industrial Prohibitions
- Operating any internal combustion engine in the course of mechanical or industrial operations that would produce open flames or sparks.
- Welding, or operating acetylene or other torch with open flame.
- Using an explosive.
- Operating motorized vehicles off designated roads and trails.
- Use of any and all fireworks.
- Use of explosive targets.
- Use of tracer round ammunition.
- Persons with a written permit that specifically authorizes the otherwise prohibited act.
- Emergency repair of public utilities and railroads as per attached conditions.
- Persons conducting activities in those designated areas where the activity is specifically authorized by written posted notice.
- Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
- All land within a city boundary is exempted unless otherwise stated in city ordinance.
- Other exemptions unique to each city/tribe.